Action For Kids is a national charity based in Hornsey, North London. Our mission is to transform the understanding of disability, and make sure children and young people living with a disability get the support they need, when they need it, for as long as they need it.
To achieve this we:
- Fund specialist mobility equipmentnationally, such as powered wheelchairs, trikes and walkers to disabled children and young people up to the age of 26. Action For Kids also commits to maintaining this equipment
- Provide work experience, supported employment and job coaching
- Provide a wide range of personalised education and training programmes in life and work skills
- Involve, inform and empower young people living with a disability
- Champion the rights and interests of people living with a disability
Get involved at Action For Kids
You could do something amazing and sign up for one of our events or we'd love to hear your great ideas. Charity collections, sponsored cycles, cake sales, beach volleyball, dress up days etc etc etc. There are lots and lots of ways you could raise a few valuable pounds to support our work with disabled children and young people around the country.
Action For Kids depends on volunteers to run many of its activities and outings. Volunteers can really make a difference to the lives of the young people who come into our centre and to those who use the mobility equipment we provide. We have a range of volunteering opportunities available, which includes working together with young people, office duties, fundraising and helping with charity events. You could help people by providing additional learning support, helping with activities and events, or joining the new Supported Work programme.