Compass Group is the world's leading catering and facilities management company and we work in over 60 countries around the globe.
Across the UK & Ireland we work in over 7,000 places – from famous sports venues and arenas to schools and hospitals, offices and workplaces, oil rigs in the middle of the North Sea and much more in between. Every day, we serve millions of customers, provide services at hundreds of office buildings, clean thousands of square miles and protect tens of thousands of people.
Did you know?
- Compass Group is the world's leading catering and facilities management business, and a FTSE 100 company
- We employ over 55,000 people all over the UK & Ireland
- Every day we serve one million meals to people including school students, high flying bankers, guests at leisure venues, fans visiting sports arenas and military forces. We even cater for celebrities at star-studded events such as the Brit Awards!
- Our team dishes up 112,000 punnets of English strawberries and 200,000 glasses of Pimm’s at the Wimbledon Championships each year
- If you’re a fan of 24 Hours in A&E, you’ll have seen some of our employees in action at King’s College Hospital in London
- We have our own Fairtrade range of tasty treats, Eatfair. Through this, we’re helping farmers in Uganda with production of coffee and food crops
- With over 5,000 chefs in our business we have a talented culinary team; they’ve even competed on behalf of England and Scotland in international competitions. Celebrity Michelin-starred chefs Michel Roux Jr, Jason Atherton and Tom Aikens also work with us
- We're winning awards for helping improve the nation’s health and wellbeing!
- We’ve raised more than £1 million for Cancer Research UK since 2009
What is an Apprenticeship?
A chef Apprenticeship with Compass Group UK & Ireland involves working in a full-time job and earning a salary, whilst undertaking a level 2 qualification in professional cookery.
Who are Compass Group UK & Ireland Apprenticeships for & can I apply?
Compass Group UK & Ireland are looking to recruit Apprentices aged 16-24 who are UK residents and not currently studying on any other type of course.
Where will my Apprenticeship be based, how long will it last and what training is involved?
Your Apprenticeship will take place in one of our busy kitchens - from a football club, to a concert venue, private school or the head office of a big city business. We will select the right place for you that is not too far from home. The dishes that you cook each day will count towards getting your qualification.
You’ll also have some days off each month to attend dedicated training days with your Academy Manager, where you’ll get a chance to work with other Apprentices. Within 12 months, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a culinary star of the future.
What happens after I have completed my Apprenticeship with Compass Group UK & Ireland?
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will be promoted to a Commis Chef within Compass Group UK & Ireland.
We will make every effort during this time to develop your skills and knowledge so that in time, and with a little bit of hard work, you may even become one of our Head Chefs!
The Graduate Programme
The Compass Group Graduate Programme is a 2 year journey of personal and professional development with support from your own mentor and a clear start point in your chosen area of business and then a full cycle over two years to learn the entire business and finish back in your chosen area.
There are two entry streams to the programme, either Operations or Central Functions. Every 6 months you will move within the business to learn both Operations and Central Functions and undertake a programme of learning outside of your day job which is on a par with our internal management development programme for current rising management talent. For the final 6 months of the programme you will return to your assigned Sector or Central Function where you will complete your programme.
For more information of our programme and details of how to apply, please click on this link