Thinking about your future? We can help with that.
Fastlaners is a programme supporting young people to access career opportunities. It began as a social venture within the Young Foundation and is dedicated to developing the employability skills of young people to prepare them for careers across the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Fastlaners is now part of UpRising Leadership, a youth charity co-founded by Rushanara Ali MP, and works with young people in East London to equip them with the knowledge, networks, skills and confidence to work out what they want to do and how they can get there.
I want to be a Fastlaner!
Fastlaners for 16-18 year olds
Our mission is for all young people leaving college to feel confident about their next steps – whether that's university, training, apprenticeships, or employment.
The programme is part time over six weeks, and provides a unique combination of employability training, mentoring from local mentors, input from employers, and a work placement.
Our sessions take place on Saturdays and midweek evenings to fit around college and other commitments. The Fastlaners 16-18 programme consists of the following elements:
- Interactive activities to develop teamwork, leadership, confidence and networking skills
- Opportunity to get CV and interview advice from real employers
- A work placement in a field of interest
- Personal coaching and goal setting from professionals
- Inspirational knowledge and skills sessions delivered by high profile employers.
- Mentoring from Fastlaners Associates who are local professionals that grew up in Tower Hamlets and are alumni of the UpRising Core Leadership programme
- A graduation event
Our next programme takes place on Saturday 22 February 2014 for six weeks on Saturday's and Thursday evenings.
How do I sign up?
If you're between the ages of 16 and 18, live in Tower Hamlets, and want to develop new skills and networks, all you have to do is sign up on our website.
Follow this link: http://www.uprising.org.uk/the-programme/fastlaners/apply-fastlaners
How do I contact Fastlaners?
There are a few ways to contact us to hear more about the programme:
Give us a call on 02087094814 or drop us a text on 07917644433 and we'll call you
Email Petrina, the Fastlaners Programme Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and she'll answer your questions.