Plotr and your privacy
Plotr is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Plotr may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from June 2nd 2012.
Last update: July 1st 2012
These Sites, Apps and Services are operated by Plotr Community Interest Company (CIC), a company registered in England under the registration number 07888313, taken to market under the "Plotr" brand, with a registered office at 70 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5ES and a service office at 1c Hillgate Place, Balham Hill, London, SW12 9ER ("we", "us", "our").
After reading this privacy statement you will have learned that
- We collect certain information to offer you the Plotr Services
- We collect certain information to offer you the Plotr Services
- We take security measures to safeguard this information
- We use this information to enhance your use of the Plotr Services, to improve these Services, to make them easier, better and more relevant and to keep you informed about news regarding Plotr
- We may use non-personally identifiable information to serve relevant advertisements
- We will not share personally identifiable information about you with third parties without your express premission
Children and minors
What we collect
When you use the Service, you may provide certain information (such as your name, phone number, email address, social networking/IM network credentials, passwords, status updates, and phonebook contents) to Plotr. Depending on the type of Plotr Service, this information may be transmitted, stored and used to provide you and other users with a better experience.
We may also collect the following information:
- Further demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Plotr collects "Automatically Generated Information" about your behavior during your use of the Service. This information may include IP addresses, type of browser, browser settings, date and time, what features you use and for how long, "cookies", the type and unique number of the device you use to access the Service and your mobile operator and other information regarding your use of the Service.
- Other information relevant to the usage and functionaing of the Site and/or Apps.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to provide and improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, features, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To draw up statistical and demographic data rendered anonymous and used for performance monitoring
- To serve you relevant advertising, recommendations and suggestions related to the Site/App content
- To provide your information to third parties pursuant to legal obligations
Use by third parties
Without your explicit consent Plotr will not sell, rent or share your personal details to any third parties for marketing purposes. Plotr can, however, provide anonymous information that cannot be traced back to you. In aggregated form, statistics can be provided to third parties. Please be advised that Plotr never shares Plotr ID log-ins, email addresses, passwords, or phone numbers with third parties, unless it is necessary for use of the Service.
Plotr may disclose the information we collect if we believe that:
- we are obliged to do so pursuant to legal provisions; and/or
- we are forced to do so as a result of a legal case; and/or
- it is necessary for the protection of our own rights or property; and/or
- it is necessary to protect the personal safety of our users or members of the public
Plotr may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisement ("ads") in the Service. These third-party advertising companies employ cookie, 1x1 pixel .gifs or web beacons to measure and improve the effectiveness of ads. To do so, these companies may use anonymous information about your visits to our website and other websites, but will not collect any information which can personally identify you or can be linked to you, except for your IP-address. This information can include: date/time of banner ad shown, the banner ad that was shown, their cookie, and the IP address. This information can also be used for online preference marketing purposes.
Social Media Features
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Plotr will take reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the information we collect against loss, misuse or any form of unlawful processing. Information on Plotr servers is stored in a secured manner and access is limited to authorised employees only. However, it is important to note that we cannot eliminate all security risks associated with data transmission and storage.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at privacy@Plotr.co.uk
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Plotr CIC, 1c Hillgate Place, Balham Hill, London, SW12 9ER.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.